How to deal with storm damages?
Dealing with storm damages can be a challenging and stressful situation. Here are some steps and advice to help you navigate through the aftermath of a storm:
1. **Ensure Safety First:**
- Prioritize safety for yourself and others. If your home is severely damaged, consider moving to a safer location temporarily.
2. **Assess the Damage:**
- Conduct a thorough assessment of the damage to your property, including structural damage, fallen trees, and other hazards. Take photos or videos for insurance purposes.
3. **Contact Authorities and Emergency Services:**
- Report any immediate threats or hazards to local authorities, such as downed power lines or blocked roads.
4. **Check for Injuries:**
- Ensure that everyone in your household is safe and check for injuries. Seek medical attention for any injuries that require it.
5. **Contact Insurance Company:**
- Notify your insurance company as soon as possible and provide them with detailed information about the damage. Follow their instructions for filing a claim.
6. **Document Damages:**
- Keep detailed records of all communications with your insurance company, including claim numbers and names of the representatives you spoke with.
7. **Mitigate Further Damage:**
- Take immediate action to prevent further damage to your property, if possible. Cover damaged areas with tarps or boards to protect against further exposure to the elements.
8. **Hire Professionals:**
- Hire licensed contractors, restoration specialists, or other professionals to assess and repair the damage. Make sure to get multiple quotes and check references.
9. **Inventory and Valuation:**
- Document and list all damaged or lost items. Include descriptions, photographs, and estimated values to assist with insurance claims.
10. **Stay Informed:**
- Keep yourself updated on weather forecasts and advisories to prepare for potential follow-up storms or adverse weather conditions.
11. **Community Support:**
- Reach out to local disaster relief agencies, community organizations, or government programs that can provide assistance and support during recovery.
12. **Seek Emotional Support:**
- Dealing with storm damage can be emotionally draining. Reach out to family, friends, or professionals to help cope with the stress and emotional impact.
13. **Plan for Future Storms:**
- Learn from this experience and take steps to better prepare for future storms. Consider installing storm shutters, reinforcing your home's structure, and creating an emergency preparedness kit.
14. **Stay Patient and Persistent:**
- Recovery takes time and effort. Stay patient throughout the process and continue working with your insurance company and professionals to restore your property.
Remember, reaching out to professionals and leaning on your support network can help ease the burden during these challenging times.
What to do in case of a fire damage?
For a company or commercial facility, fire damage is especially disastrous. Significant water damage from firefighting efforts and fire suppression systems may happen in addition to the fire and smoke damage.
Restoration of commercial fire damage has special difficulties. Every hour it takes to get your business back to normal after a fire is lost income and production. The SERVPRO® team is equipped with the knowledge, skills, and tools necessary to handle major commercial fire damage crises. We will act immediately to reduce damage and oversee the restoration project until it is finished, whether your fire emergency takes place in a restaurant, motel, or office building.
If your company suffers a fire loss, call SERVPRO®, the experts in fire and water damage repair, and we'll arrive right away to help you get back to work.
Water Damages and what to do?
Do not wait to call SERVPRO as soon as you see water in your house! The most important component in limiting the extent of the damage and in stopping the spread of water into areas like your floors and walls is time. We can make a significant difference if we respond to the problem quickly enough.
Nevertheless, we can still assist if you discover damage days after a storm. We can identify the root of your problem and provide a resolution thanks to a team of specialists that are knowledgeable in storm damage. We repair what was damaged in addition to cleaning and treating the area. It will be "Like it never even happened" when we depart.
SERVPRO can help with your mold damage
What took place?
The plastic water line behind the refrigerator frequently cracks, starting a sluggish trickle that accumulates water behind the refrigerator unseen. Excessive condensation buildup is another typical cause that has the same result. Numerous issues can arise in your house as a result of water damage from your refrigerator, especially given how long the issue may go unnoticed before it is discovered and how much damage has already been done to your floors and the surrounding surroundings. Mould can grow and your floors can deteriorate in the ideal conditions of moisture, heat, and darkness. These mould spores can be problematic in places like apartments or enclosed spaces, and a condition like this should not be disregarded. Since SERVPRO specialises in mould remediation, we would gladly get rid of the problem and stop any future aggravation for you.
Any visible water must first be cleaned up to prevent further damage and the possibility of mould growth. After doing this, check your refrigerator to see if there are any obvious leaks or places where excessive condensation may be accumulating. If feasible, it's critical to replace any damaged connections in order to immediately halt the leak. Examine the damage to the area under and around the refrigerator if you are able to. The majority of the time, damage to the floors is evident, but the true issues may be hidden beneath the surface, where you cannot see them.
We recommend contacting SERVPRO to help with any mold damages.
Fire Escape plan
In the event of a fire, it is important that everyone in your building is able to make it out safely. Creating a fire escape plan is one way to help ensure this. The following steps can help.
- Locate All Exits
You should find any possible locations for getting out of the building. This will include the main entrances as well as fire escapes. On lower floors, windows may also be a safe option.
2. Create Multiple Alternate Routes
Depending on where the fire is located, you may not be able to get to an exit using the path you would usually take. Make sure that you know at least two ways to get to each exit.
3. Posts Maps in Each Room
During an emergency, you may find it difficult to determine the best way to get where you need to go. Posting maps of the building in each room and hallway can help. This can also be helpful for guests who do not know the layout of the building.
4. Designate a Meetup Spot
Even if everyone follows the fire escape plan perfectly, you may not end up in the same place once you’re outside. Pick an area where everyone will go once they have exited the building. This will make it easier to determine who may still be inside.
5. Practice Regularly
The best way to make sure that everyone will know what to do if a fire occurs is to practice your emergency escape plan regularly. This should be done at least every six months and should be as realistic as possible.
It is important to have a good fire escape plan and to make sure everyone is safe during a fire. Afterward, however, you may need to focus on the state of your building. If there is a fire or smoke damage, you should hire a fire damage remediation company to take care of it. They can perform cleanup and repairs to both the structure of the building and the objects inside. If your business has been damaged due to a disaster, we’re here to help. Contact us at any hour to report your damage or to learn more about our commercial restoration services.
Keeping your commercial property safe
External fire damage prevention remains a top priority for many businesses. While it is important to focus on preventing fires from igniting within the facility, external preventative measures should be considered as well. Since nearly every state has laws prohibiting smoking in public places, smoking occurs outside, often around the business by shrubbery and mulch. These fires can slow-burn for hours due to smoldering tunnels under the surface that later break out into open flame. Be mindful of the following tips to prevent fires from starting outside your business.
- Keep the mulch at least 18 inches away from combustible building materials, such as wood and decks.
- Provide proper receptacles for smoking materials at all entrances and in designated smoking at least 18 inches from the building and empty receptacles regularly.
- Keep mulch beds moist when possible.
If you need to create a controlled fire outside, remember the following:
- Don’t start open fires when the ground and surrounding vegetation are dry.
- Don’t burn when winds are stronger than a gentle breeze.
- Always have a strong water source ready in case a fire begins to get out of control.
- Stay with the fire at all times.
- When finished, rake through the ashes to ensure that all coals are cooled.
With these helpful tips, SERVPRO hopes your business remains free of fire damage. If you find yourself in an emergency, we're available to help reverse fire damage thoroughly and professionally.
Some advices to get prepared for a hurricane
Is your commercial enterprise hurricane-ready?
Here are some resources to assist businesses with hurricane preparation:
- Make a backup of your important computer data and save it elsewhere.
- Make a thorough inventory of your company and take lots of photos.
- A communication plan for employees should be in place, and it should include a specific out-of-town phone line where employees can check in and get corporate information. Make sure employee emergency contact information is up to current.
Establish storm procedures so that staff members are aware of what to do and post them beforehand.
Defend electrical devices from potential water damage.
- In case additional funds are required after the storm, have extra cash and blank checks on hand.
- If your facility is damaged, establish a temporary location for business operations.
- Choose a safe space for workers who must stay in the building.
- Give employees enough time to safeguard their homes and families. Protect the structure and any goods you can't bring into construction sites.
Licensed contractors must protect their job locations in the case of a tropical storm warning or hurricane watch. Objects that could be dangerous must be secured or removed.
Dial Us Now! If you need any help!
SERVPRO is always here to help with storm water damage
Many people believe that the hurricane and storm season has little bearing on their life, but those who have really experienced them can speak to the enormous devastation a tropical cyclone causes. If you don't use qualified service providers to repair your property for you, it could be stressful and expensive.
Call SERVPRO to protect your home from the stresses of tropical stormwater damage. We have a group of experts on staff that are skilled at repairing homes after a storm. We have cutting-edge tools on hand and are prepared to renovate your home.
We are equipped to address any damage caused by tropical storms, including wind and flood damage. The phases of our restoration process are as follows:
- The job site is inspected and assessed as part of emergency response.
- Demolition, water removal, and drying are followed by daily inspections to assess the job's progress.
- Cleaning and sanitising
- Replacing damaged materials
Non-penetrative moisture metres can be used by our SERVPRO professionals to find moisture. We have self-priming trash pumps that we can utilise to remove water from your home. These pumps are frequently used when only a small lift is needed or when horizontal water transfer is necessary. For instance, self-priming trash pumps can be used to remove water from one-story buildings in the wake of a cyclone.
In order to prevent a mould infestation, our SERVPRO staff can also employ air-moving and dehumidifying equipment to eliminate all moisture from your house.
We can choose options that are advantageous for our customers because of our understanding of construction and drying. Additionally, we may clean your home and remove any damaged insulation, flooring, or drywall.
SERVPRO conducts confirmatory tests to make sure the home and any impacted things are restored to their original state before enabling clients to move back in.
We may ask you to sign a Certificate of Satisfaction once we conduct a walkthrough.
SERVPRO Can help facing Mold damages
Mold removal in a house or apartment
Even without storm damage, a broken appliance, or a leak, mould damage can be an issue in a house. The humid circumstances that are frequently prevalent in our town, whether or not there is severe weather, can promote the growth of this family of fungi within your home. Mold needs moisture and organic materials to flourish.
If you find mould development in your house, call SERVPRO for a professional assessment and effective remediation strategy to get rid of the musty smells and the damage these organisms can do to the building materials, furnishings, and personal items in your home.
As water is nearly always present and needs to be evacuated from surfaces and the air itself to prevent spores from blossoming into full-blown outbreaks, improperly ventilated bathrooms, laundry rooms, or kitchens can foster mould growth. Mold damage is frequently brought on by interior humidity levels that are over 60%. Many fungal strains can develop without standing water or saturated substrates. Often, the culprits are your air conditioners or dehumidifiers, which combine standing water concentrations and moist air in a double dose to create an ideal habitat for microbial feeding frenzy. Underperforming HVAC systems or merely transferring the contaminated air might have a substantial negative impact on the issue. Mold colonies that are continually recycled throughout your home cause contaminations to grow.
SERVPRO specialists may do a comprehensive inspection of your house or condo and systems to determine the causes when mould damage destroys your quality of life. To address the issue, a strategy that considers all probable causes is required. Based on their expertise, our team of professionals can address and eliminate the factors in your house that promote development. We are able to isolate, reduce, eradicate, and contain the mould development issues in your house using the most recent industry technologies and regulations created by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). You can rely on us to be upfront about any work that may require a third party, typically before or after a mould inspection in areas with significant mould growths. If the mould has a firm grip inside the ductwork, our expert specialists can limit spore circulation by safely and effectively cleaning the system.
We will suggest a multi-tiered approach to your mould damage problems, utilising all of the techniques and resources at our disposal to lower the humidity levels and remove water sources to stop mould from proliferating once more.
Why SERVPRO in case of fire damages?
House burned by fire
fter a fire damages your home, Team SERVPRO works for you.
While asking family or friends for assistance may be less expensive, an untrained eye can result in extra damages that cause serious issues. In an effort to save you a few dollars, they may overlook or disregard issue areas, leading to exorbitant damages later on.
When dealing with fire damage on your Coconut Grove property, fully qualified specialists with access to industrial-grade equipment give you the greatest results. A reputable restoration business uses their years of knowledge to your advantage, replacing damaged materials, sanitising areas that may be repaired, and quickly and effectively restoring your property to good shape.
With the help of their skilled teams, SERVPRO professionals can rid your property of the smoke and ash that lingers long after the flames have died down but still damages your contents and structural elements. Professionals in restoration have the skills and resources to spot problem areas, control losses, and stop further damage.
The SERVPRO staff makes every effort to safeguard your property, restore power, and eliminate potential risks. Only the services you require that are appropriate for your circumstances are available thanks to the flexibility and adaptability of our offerings. We never charge you for services that are not necessary and make every effort to restore your property to its excellent pre-damage condition.
Using board-up procedures, SERVPRO seals openings like broken windows or open doors that could allow burglars to take advantage of your current situation. This protects exposed sections of your property from the elements. Additionally, we safeguard your house from corrosion by removing smoke stains from painted or plastic surfaces, furniture, fibreglass, and worktops.
Along with protecting window frames, faucets, door hardware, and lighting fixtures, we can also assist with protecting metal trim. A pre-cleaning chemical is applied to any surface at risk of future corrosion. This stops deterioration in its tracks and enables your restoration method to do its magic.